Looking back: Cupar Cricket Club 1935

Cricket Club 1935
Cricket Club 1935

This photograph was lent to us by Cupar historian Steve Penrice and comes from his extensive archive collection.

It shows Cupar Cricket Club in 1935.

The Fife Herald reported that the club was formed in 1836 in the Cart Haugh and later relocated to Duffus Park, but it was forced to fold in 2011 after some 175 years due to a shortage of players and a lack of suitable facilities.