This picture shows the Fair Maid steamer boat in Aberdour in 1937.
She was built by S. McKnight & Co of Ayr in 1886, and was originally called the Madge Wildfire.
In 1911 she became the Isle of Skye and she served ports on the Clyde until 1927, when she was sold to an east coast operator and re-named the Fair Maid.
From 1937 she was the Forth’s only excursion steamer taking locals across to Edinburgh.
Although she did sail from Grangemouth, she was found most at Leith, crossing to Aberdour and Kirkcaldy.
The Maid’s services were finally terminated in 1939 and she left the Hawkcraig Pier in Aberdour as a small crowd and orchestra gathered to wave her off.