Fire crews were called out to a blaze in a property in Gillespie Grove, Kirkcaldy on Sunday afternoon.
The alarm was raised at around 12.35 p.m.
The fire was in the living room of the property and had been caused by a candle that had ignited the television.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: “Whether you are using candles to scent or decorate your home please remember to extinguish them before you go to sleep and never leave them unattended even for a second.
“If you must use candles please ensure they are in a non-combustible candle holder and placed on a non-combustible surface.”
A range of tips on how to keep yourself and your home safe from fire are available at www.firescotland.gov.uk/your-safety