Kitchen fire at Kirkcaldy flat

Emergency services were called to the incident on Tuesday evening.
Emergency services were called to the incident on Tuesday evening.

A couple were treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in Kirkcaldy last night (Wednesday).

Four fire engines rushed to the scene at the town’s Ravenscraig flats at 9.15pm.

It was discovered that there was a small kitchen fire which was quickly extinguished.

A male and a female were treated at the scene by paramedics and were then taken to Kirkcaldy’s Victoria Hospital where they underwent further assessment.