DCSIMG

Bryant family set for TV appearance

Missing Glenrothes man Allan Bryant with dad Allan Bryant Snr

Missing Glenrothes man Allan Bryant with dad Allan Bryant Snr

 

The family of missing Allan Bryant are to appear on national television this week as the search for him continues.

Parents Allan Bryant Snr and Marie Degan have been approached by producers of ITV’s ‘This Morning’ programme after learning about their plight via the family’s Help Find Allan Bryant Facebook appeals page.

Mr Bryant Snr told the Gazette an appearance is likely to take place after the sentencing of internet ‘troll’ Stewart McInroy.

The 23-year-old from Dunfermline has already pleaded guilty to posting a string of vile messages on the facebook page, including one in which he claims to be the killer of Allan Bryant.

Mr Bryant Snr said the opportunity to publicise his son’s disappearance nationally will be “extremely difficult but one that he couldn’t let go”.

“I admit I’m already nervous thinking about it but I’ll just have to get on with it. There’s nothing I wouldn’t do if it helps us to find out what has happened to our son,” he added.

The 24-year-old has not been seen since he left Styx nightclub in Glenrothes in the early hours of November 3 last year.

The producers of ‘This Morning’, which is presented by, among others, Phillip Schofield, Holly Willoughby and Eamonn Holmes, want to bring the family to the London studios but Mr Bryant Snr’s poor health is likely to preventing him from travelling.

“It’s too far for me to travel but Marie and possibly another family member could travel down to London to appear in person,” said Mr Bryant Snr.

“There is talk of doing a live link from our home, but they will confirm that when we are given a date.”

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page