A head teacher has praised her pupils and staff for their “commendable” behaviour after a suspected gas leak at the school.
Lynn Dyas, headteacher at Buckhaven Primary School on College Street, said the efficiency of all of the staff and school pupils was excellent after a decision was taken to evacuate the building last Tuesday.
Ms Dyas also thanked the nearby Buckhaven Community Centre for its help after space was made for pupils to continue with lessons.
Ms Dyas said pupils and staff were very calm during the evacuation and it went very smoothly.
“We ended up having a wee bit of a different day, but we tried to carry on as normal,” she said.
The school, which dates back to 1916, has a history of heating problems and experienced a suspected gas leak back in November.
Pupils had two days off while engineers from Scotland Gas Networks ensured that there was no danger to them or staff after a smell of gas was detected from a boiler.
Commenting on the latest incident, Ms Dyas said parents were kept informed of what was happening and thanked them for all of their help and support. She also extended her thanks to Buckhaven Community Centre who were “absolutely excellent”.