Police in Glenrothes are urging car owners to remember to lock their vehicles and remove expensive equipment following a spate of thefts from vehicles.
Thefts from vehicles have taken place in Greystone Park, Glenwood Health Centre, Napier Road, Auchavan Gardens and Scott Road in recent days.
The incidents have occurred between Thursday, January 29 and Wednesday, February 4.
As a result officers are issuing advice including the following tips:
- Permanently mark any valuables used in the vehicle, such as sat nav, with your postcode and house number/name
- Fit a car alarm
- Never leave your car unattended to defrost windows with the keys in the ignition
- Keep your car off the street if possible. If you’re at home and have a garage then use it. Make sure you lock both the car and the garage
- Lock all items out of sight. Don’t leave anything on display and take valuables with you.
- Use an electronic or mechanical immobiliser, such as a steering lock.
Community sergeant Kenny Greig, said:
“Various items have been stolen such as money, golfing equipment and an iPad. It appears that the vehicles were unlocked at the time of the crimes and I would remind vehicle owners to make it as difficult as possible for these opportunist criminals.”
Anybody with information regarding these crimes can contact Police Scotland on 101, or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.