Sweet treat is choccy shocker

Sandra Gallacher with the piece of plastic she bit into in a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut
Sandra Gallacher with the piece of plastic she bit into in a Cadbury's Fruit & Nut
0
Have your say

A FIFE mum bit off more than she could chew when she treated herself to a two-for-one chocolate bar offer.

For Sandra Gallagher (44), from Kinghorn got more than she bargained for after tucking into a Cadbury’s Fruit and Nut bar - a hard, green plastic object, which cracked a filling!

Sandra, who is studying Law at Edinburgh Napier University, bought the chocolate bars at a filling station in Kirkcaldy and decided to share them with her daughter, Abby-Rose (6).

She said: “There was a two-for-one offer on so I choose one milk chocolate and one Fruit and Nut, and decided to have the Fruit and Nut myself.

Choked

“I am so glad I did, because Abby-Rose would have choked on the foreign object. As it was, I damaged a filling and will have to go to the dentist.

“I just don’t understand how this could have happened, and Cadbury’s have asked me to send them the object so they can work out where it came from.”

John Sanaghan, Lead Officer for Food and Workplace Safety at Fife Council, said that the Council would be able to launch an investigation into the contamination if Sandra contacted them and was able to give them details from the packaging as well as the foreign object.

He said: “If a complaint was made to us we would contact the local Trading Standards department where the chocolate was actually manufactured and they would be able to carry out an investigation on our behalf.”

A spokesman for Cadbury’s said: “This sounds very unpleasant for Ms Gallagher. We have sent her a bag to return the bar and object so we can carry out an investigation as soon as possible.”