This picture shows Burntisland’s harbour area around the mid 1930s.
The harbour was the town’s principal asset for centuries, coming second only to Leith on the Forth.
In 1850 the world’s first roll on/off ferry began operating between Burntisland and Granton, and the wet dock followed in 1876.
In our picture, the shipyard is upper left, the west dock in the middle, and the east dock bottom right.
The vessel at the ferry landing (bottom left) is probably the William Muir towards the end of her life – she was withdrawn from service in 1937 and broken up at Charlestown.