The former royal burgh of Crail was built up around the harbour where this week’s picture just captures a gang of young boys fishing off the side of a small vessle.
Arguably one of the most pictured harbours in Scotland it is also famed for receiving James V’s wife, Mary of Guise, in June 1538, whom he had married by proxy in Paris.
However at the time the harbour was not quite complete and it was reported to have been finished in the most part by 1583.
An extension to the harbour was undertaken in 1828.
The work of Robert Stevenson it extended the west pier of Crail Harbour.