Looking Back - Dunnikier Foundry 1905

editorial image

Following the death of Lewis Grant in 1916, the business was taken over by his son Lewis C. Grant, but was forced to close in 1919.

Lewis Jr resurrected the company on a smaller scale in 1927, making only milling machinery.

The firm was located in a former linen mill in East Quality Street, Dysart, and moved to new premises on the Mitchelston Industrial Estate in 1980.

It now specialises in precision sheet metal work and engineering products for the electronics industry.

This photo, taken in the machine shop, and info was kindly supplied by Sten Lake Publishing.