This photo shows Hawkcraig quarry in Aberdour which was owned by the Bald family.
The quarries on the Hawkcraig created extensive excavations which were rapidly filled in during the 1950s as receptacles for household rubbish.
The photograph shows the tramline to the pier being covered in; afterwards, it ran through a tunnel here.
The quarry was taken over for use by HMS Tarlair cicra 1920.
Today, it is difficult to imagine this industrial scene which wasn’t too many years ago.
Most of the excavated stone was used as road metal.
Thanks to Sten Lake publishing House for supply the photograph and information.