The Town Hall was constructed in 1826, replacing an earlier medieval building which was hit and seriously damaged by lightning.
Part of the original building is thought to date back to the 12th century.
Latterly it was used to provide the debating chamber, offices and prison cells for the Burgh Council.
The new building was designed by the architect Thomas Hamilton and was used for council functions for almost 150 years but fell into disrepair in the 1980s.
It was restored by Fife Historic Buildings Trust in 2009, which houses its offices on the ground floor, whilst the upper two floors have been renovated into an apartment which is available for visitors to the town to rent.