This photograph shows Kirkcaldy Harbour in the early 1900s.
It was once a thriving hub for export and import as early as the 16th century when the vessels of the harbour began to deal with the import of grain in 1618 and then continental beer in 1625.
As Kirkcaldy entered into the 19th century the harbour started catering for the growing trade of imports of flax, timber and hemp and exports of coal, salt and linen cloth.
The subsequent demands for linoleum and coal led to a further extension from 1906 to 1908 in the form of an inner dock.
The harbour used to hold up to 400 ships each year – now the number is between 70 and 100.
Thanks to Mr Roberts for supplying the photograph and information.