This picture shows Kirkcaldy High School on its old site on St Brycedale Avenue where Fife College now stands, and which retains part of the High School building.
The school’s origins date back to 1582 when it first opened as Kirkcaldy Burgh School on a site at the corner of Kirk Wynd and Hill Street.
Adam Smith, who lived nearby the school’s original site, attended the school in the 18th century.
The ‘High School’ name was established in 1843 when the school moved to St Brycedale.
The original ground floor was later elevated and a second floor built underneath.
The school moved to its current location on Dunnikier Way in 1958.