Workers lay tramlines ahead of the opening of the Kirkcaldy Corporation Tramways Service which began running on February 28, 1903.
Construction began in 1899 and a power station to run the lines was opened on Victoria Road.
The Kirkcaldy Tramway had two main routes; a lower one which ran into Dysart, and the upper one connecting with the Wemyss and District Tramways Company line.
Both routes were linked by connections on Whytescauseway and St Clair Street.
In 1928 Kirkcaldy’s first bus service began, causing serious competition for the tram service, which only lasted another three years and ceased running in 1931.