Kirkcaldy’s West End Bowling Club, was opened in Kirkcaldy’s Milton Road in 1894.
The official opening of the green was undertaken by Provost Stocks, with Mr A. Strachan becoming the first president of the club with Robert Ingles its secretary.
Robert was present at the club’s 50th anniversary celebrations in 1944, along with J.W. and John Duncan, who had also witnessed the opening of the green. Two years later in season 1946-47 a testimonial was held for Jimmy Trotter to celebrate his fifty years of membership.
Our picture shows the opening of the season in April 1981, with then president Ian Ogilvie’s wife, Jessie throwing the first jack.