The Coastal Path, between Pittenweem and Anstruther, was hit by a series of fires last week as temperatures soared.
Four separate incidents of gorse fires in four days resulted in calls to the fire service.
One was caused by a carelessly dropped cigarette.
Firefighters responded on Thursday afternoon when a bush went on fire at The Brae, Cliff Edge, Pittenweem.
The following day, they tackled a fire at Anstruther Golf Club on the Shore Road, returning to the town on Saturday following a blaze in St Adrians Place,
On Sunday, they were called out to May View, Pittenweem.
A Scottish Fire and Rescue spokesman appealed with people to be more careful.
“During this hot dry weather, even the smallest of outdoor fires can quickly get out of control, which can be devastating to the environment and wildlife and put properties, the public and our firefighters at risk.
“Extinguish cigarettes properly and never throw them on the ground or out of car windows. Avoid making open fires in the countryside and never leave bottles in woodland, as sunlight passing through glass can start fires.”