Man broke ex-partners jaw after being released from prison for previous assault

Dunfermline Sheriff Court
Dunfermline Sheriff Court

A Kirkcaldy man, jailed last year for assaulting his ex-partner, attacked her again soon after he was released early from prison, breaking her jaw in two places.

William Adamson was back in the dock at Dunfermline Sheriff Court and now faces a lengthy jail term for his latest violent attack.

Adamson (33), a prisoner at Perth, admitted that on June 5 in Leslie Street, Kirkcaldy, he assaulted Lisa Anne Templeton, his former partner, seized her by the body, struggled with her and repeatedly kicked her on the head, all to her severe injury.

Adamson had been jailed in June last year for a serious assault on the same woman.

He was released early under a home detention curfew scheme.

Depute fiscal Ron Hay said the couple had previously been in a relationship which had broken down because of domestic abuse.

On June 4 Ms Templeton had been having a night out with friends. Since he had been released, relations between the couple had been described as “amicable” and Adamson had invited her to stay the night at his place after her night out.

“She arrived at around 4.30am on June 5 and was confronted by the accused who demanded to know who she had been with,” said Mr Hay.

“At this time witnesses within the locus were awakened by shouting and could hear there was an argument going on.”

There was a struggle, Ms Templeton fell to the ground and as she lay there she was kicked in the face, said the depute.

A witness then went to see Adamson kick his victim in the face for a second time.

As Ms Templeton walked down stairs to leave she was followed by Adamson who grabbed her by the body.

“Once again she ended up on the ground and once again he kicked her in the head,” said the depute.

Adamson then left the property and was apprehended by police at 5.35am.

The victim was taken to hospital with bruising and swelling to her face. It was discovered that her jaw was broken in two places and she required surgery to have two metal plates inserted.

At the police interview Adamson said his former partner was a liar and she had fallen down the stairs.

Sheriff Charles Macnair called for reports and Adamson was remanded in custody. He will be sentenced on September 30.

In June last year, Adamson was jailed for 28 months for choking Ms Templeton and putting her life in danger in an incident at Kinninmouth Street, Kirkcaldy, in March 2014.

He repeatedly seized her by the neck and restricted her breathing.