Teenager admits raping woman at knifepoint in Methil

A Fife teenager yesterday admitted abducting a 20-year-old woman at knifepoint then forcing her to strip naked and raping her.

Wednesday, 12th February 2020, 11:26 am
The High Court in Glasgow.

The brutal attack took place when he was when he was just 14.

The teen, who is now 15, pleaded guilty to abducting the woman, putting a knife at her neck, threatening her and then raping her in an area of wasteland in Methill, on January 29, 2019.

At the High Court in Glasgow prosecutor Derick Nelson said that the schoolboy’s victim was walking in Kirkland Road, Methil, at around 8pm when the accused approached her and threatened her with a knife.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, forced her towards secluded area of waste ground in nearby Laird Avenue, where she was raped.

The court heard that the woman was walking towards shops and noticed the teenager walking behind her.

Mr Nelson said: “As he crossed the road, he ran towards her, placed his arms round her shoulders, held a knife to her neck and threatened to kill her should she not do as he asked.”

He demanded that she remove all her clothing and lie on the ground and, fearing for her life, she complied.

The terrified woman tried to scream and the teen put his hand over her mouth to prevent her doing so. He did this with such force he scratched her gums.

While he raped her he put the knife in his jacket pocket and the woman managed to grab it.

Mr Nelson said: “He immediately got to his feet and pleaded with her to give him back his knife, stating that he would not stab her.”

The woman ran off naked, screaming and carrying the knife. She believed he initially gave chase, but she managed to get help from two men working at a nearby garage and she shouted: “Help me, he’s going to kill me.”

They gave her overalls to wear and dialled 999. During the call one of the men said: “She is cowering on the floor.”

The court heard that the woman was covered in cuts and bruises.

The schoolboy was snared after police carried out door-to-door inquiries and showed photographs of the knife.

It was recognised by a relative of the teen who said it had gone missing months ago. This led detectives to the accused.

When the victim was shown photographs, including that of the teenager, the woman became visibly upset and identified him as the person who raped her.

His DNA was also recovered from the knife and from her body.

When police examined the schoolboy’s phone they found a pornographic video on it.

Judge Lady Stacey placed the schoolboy on the sex offenders’ register and deferred sentence until next month for background reports and a risk assessment of the danger he poses to the public.

The 15-year-old is currently detained in secure accommodation in Bishopbriggs.