New figures show that more than £4.9 million of National Lottery funding was invested in Fife in 2017 alone.
Sixty four National Lottery grants were awarded to Fife groups last year; providing a vital boost to arts, sports and heritage projects alongside community groups helping those most in need.
A wide variety of local projects received National Lottery funding last year, including:
· £2,065 to Fife Floorball Club in Kirkcaldy to establish a specific youth training session and a female-only session for their sport which is a type of indoor floor hockey
· £146,513 to Glenrothes Men’s Shed to create a new community space in Auchmuty. They will provide a range of activities such as woodworking, wood turning and metal working, so that people of all ages, genders and abilities can socialise and learn new skills.
· £197,142 to Fife Women’s Aid, based in Glenrothes, to support more women affected by domestic abuse
· £10,000 to St Andrews Sailing Club to purchase three new dinghies to meet an increase in demand
· £10,000 for the Scottish Mining Convalescent Trust, based in Culross, to install a lift within their premises. The facility is offered to people who have a connection to the mining industry for short breaks and respite trips.
And now these organisations, and any others which have received funding, have the possibility of gaining nationwide acclaim by entering The National Lottery Awards 2018 – the annual search for the UK’s favourite Lottery-funded projects.
National Lottery Awards winners’ will receive a £5000 cash prize and national recognition at a glittering ceremony broadcast on BBC One later in the year.
Projects can be nominated for a National Lottery Award in seven categories; Arts, Education, Environment, Health, Heritage, Sport and Voluntary/Charity to reflect the breadth of funding that the National Lottery invests in.
To enter your favourite project in this year’s National Lottery Awards, tweet @LottoGoodCauses with your suggestions or call 0207 293 3329. Entries must be received by midnight on April 6, 2018.