A prime time TV advert, aired between Coronation Street to a national audience, is the latest bid by the family of missing Allan Bryant to find their son.
STV will broadcast the 30-second advert first this Monday evening during the peak viewing slot.
The advert will then be included in STV’s programme schedules for a month, in prime time slots, as well as well as at various times throughout the day and evening
The family of the missing man hope that by reaching a national audience, it may trigger the information that will result in them unlocking the mystery of his whereabouts.
Allan, 23 at the time of his disappearance, has not been seen since leaving Styx nightclub in Glenrothes in the early hours of November 3, 2013.
Despite the police conducting the biggest ever missing person search in Fife, they are still no nearer finding him.
Since then the family have organised an unrelenting social media campaign to keep their son’s disappearance in the public domain, as they attempt to find the information as to what has happened to him.
The advert, which has come at a cost of £3550 to the family, and which has been paid for out of the money raised and donated during the campaign, consists of a voiceover appeal to a series of photographs of Allan,
“We have to keep Allan’s name out there in an attempt to trigger someone’s memory and find that vital piece of information that will help find our son,” said the missing man’s father Allan Bryant Snr.
“I had the idea for the advert but wasn’t sure if it was possible, but after contacting the TV company it’s all taken off very quickly and we had something for broadcast within six weeks of asking if it was possible.
“I’m not aware of anything like this being done before and we just hope now that we get that piece of news, that nugget of information that allows us to get some closure.
“Whatever happens we will not give up on Allan and we will continue as long as it takes to bring him home.”
The family believe their son has been murdered but despite the high profile investigation into the Glenrothes man’s disappearance, the police have continually reiterated that there is nothing to suggest at this stage that there has been any element of criminality involved in the disappearance.
“We have our own view as to what has happened to Allan, what we want now is to find him and end our nightmare,” said Mr Bryant Snr.
And he had a special message for the public who have supported the family since their son was reported missing.
“We can’t thank the public enough for their continued support throughout all of this,” he said.
“We have received donations and money that has helped pay for this advert, we are all now desperately hoping that it will be the catalyst to finding Allan.
“It’s a lot of money but we are confident it will help with our search and we hope those who have helped us with their kind donations approve of how we are using them.”