The father of missing Glenrothes man Allan Bryant Jnr has claimed that remains found in a Glenrothes Park are not his son.
In a video posted to his Facebook page, Allan Bryant Snr said he had been told by police that the remains, which were found by teenagers in dense woodland in Riverside Park on Tuesday, were not those of his son Allan, who went missing in November 2013.
The past two days have been nothing but a living hell
He said: “It’s been a really, really difficult past few days thinking that this could possibly have been our son Allan and it has turned out not to be. “The past two days have been nothing but a living hell and I actually don’t know where to go from here.”
He added: “It’s been a really emotional and draining few days for me and my family and quite honestly we don’t know what to make of it all.
Police Scotland said they could not confirm Mr Bryant’s claims and forensic tests were still being carried out.
There are a number of missing persons investigations on going in town, and officers made contact with families soon after the discovery was made on Tuesday afternoon.
They include Allan Bryant, as well as Kirkcaldy man Sandy Clarke and Wayne Fleming, who hasn’t been seen since February.
Speaking yesterday, Chief Inspector Stevie Hamilton, said: “As part of our investigation into the discovery of these remains, we have spoken to the families of a number of missing people and will continue to update them as our inquiry progresses.
“It is essential that the examination and recovery of these remains is thorough and professional and it may takes us several days to remove them from the area. I would like to thank the local community in advance for their continued patience and support.
“The process of establishing the identity of these remains and the circumstances surrounding how the individual died is likely to take some time and until then it would be inappropriate for us to comment further.”