Fire crews from north east Fife tackled a blaze last night at the Quaker Oats porridge factory in Cupar.
A spokesman for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said the alarm was raised around 9.10pm after a fire was discovered in a kiln inside one of the grain dryers on the fifth floor of the premises.
The blaze was put out and the kiln cooled, with damage confined to the immediate area. No one was injured.
Fire units attended from Cupar, Auchtermuchty and Glenrothes, and the incident was safely under control by around 10.45pm, although firefighters stayed at the scene for another hour or so to ensure the area was safe.