The Waterloo Memorial lies under the shadow of the Forth Bridges in the centre of North Queensferry on Main Street.
The monument is a bell-shaped stone gable end with a carving of an anchored ship dated 1816.
Behind the panel is the Waterloo Well.
This water source was at one time the only one in the village - now there are a few others - and it was used as a watering stop for horses undertaking stagecoach journeys.
The well commemorates the Battle of Waterloo, which was fought near Waterloo in present day Belgium, back in 1815.
A French army under the command of Napolean Bonaparte was defeated by the Allied armies commanded by the Duke of Wellington from Britain and General Blücher from Prussia.
The French defeat at Waterloo drew to a close 23 years of war.
The stone gable of the Waterloo Memorial resembles Napoleon’s hat.
The monument features an iron plaque depicting the Greek legend of Europa and the Bull.
The plaque also depicts a fishwife arguing with a sailor.