David Danskin plaque
The blue plaque in Burntisland honours a man that stands among the legends at Arsenal Football Club.
David Danskin founded the club and was also its first captain - and the link with Fife is proudly celebrated to this day by all at the Emirates Stadium.
Danskin was born in Burntisland and raised in Kirkcaldy where he played amateur football with Kirkcaldy Wanderers.
Like so many Scots, he headed south to find work, arriving in London in 1885.
He got a job at the Dial Square workshop at the Royal Arsenal in Woolwich where he encountered a group of football enthusiasts. He formed Dial Square FC as a works team, which became Royal Arsenal and then Arsenal, joining the professional ranks in 1891.
And so the roots of a famous team were created ...
Danskin witnessed many triumphs including the club’s 1936 FA Cup final.
In 2007, his Burntisland links were formally celebrated with the unveiling of a blue plaque by legendary goalkeeper, and ambassador, Bob Wilson, and Richard Wyatt, Danskin’s grandson who flew over from Canada.