Looking back: Holidays for city children in Cupar
A scheme aimed at keeping less fortunate children off the city streets during school holidays was run by the Women's Royal Voluntary Service (WVRS) and began in 1956.
Pictured here in 1966 are five of a large group of children accompanied by children’s specialist Mrs Carleton, St Andrews and Mrs Houston and Mrs Robertson of the WRVS Cupar branch who took them all around the county for a holiday.
The scheme saw children from Dundee, Perth and Edinburgh arrive in Fife for a ‘good and enjoyable’ holiday.
They were met by WRVS drivers who take them to their destinations. The children were selected to go on their holidays by the, then RSPCC, now NSPCC.