Man treated for smoke inhalation after house fire

The fire-damaged house.
The fire-damaged house.

A man was treated for smoke inhalation following a house fire in Cupar in the early hours of Tuesday morning.

The blaze, in a first floor property at Parliament Square, was reported shortly after 3.30am.

It is understood that the fire broke out in the livingroom.

Firefighters from Cupar and Auchtermuchty were at the scene for an hour and a half.

A spokesperson at the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said a man was treated by an ambulance crew for smoke inhalation.

Damaged furniture was piled up outside the property , with the immediate area in front cordoned off for a while.