No prosecution in Cupar inflatable slide injury

Summer WroneikSummer Wroneik
Summer Wroneik
The parents of a six-year-old seriously injured when she was blown away on a giant inflatable have been told no one will be prosecuted for the accident.

Little Summer Wroneiki was hurled into the air when the bouncy slide was caught by a gust of wind at Cupar Children’s Gala last year.
Her parents Chris and Karen Wroniecki have now called for changes in regulations after a spate of similar incidents most recently the tragic death of seven year old Summer Grant last weekend.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive into the incident in Cupar last June concluded there was not enough evidence to take the matter further.
“Summer was very lucky and what happened in Essex has made us realise just how lucky she was,” said Chris (42).

“Regulations should be tightened up to make these things safer.”

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Summer, who had just battled back to health from a rare form of cancer, suffered a broken femur and other injuries when she was hurled in the air and thrown into another ride at the gala day.
She had to undergo surgery after a metal plate inserted in her hip during her cancer fight was dislodged.
Three other children and an adult were also hurt in the incident on June 6, which left horrified onlookers in shock.
Questions were raised at the time as to why the ride had been allowed to be inflated during such bad weather.
Those are now being echoed in Essex following the tragic death of seven-year-old Summer Grant on Easter Saturday.
The youngster was trapped inside a bouncy castle when a freak gust flung it 150 metres downhill.
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of manslaughter by gross negligence and released on bail.
Chris and Karen, who also have a son Brody, said their hearts went out to the Grant family.
“It’s a nightmare,” said Chris. “The two girls have even got the same name.”
He added: “It will be interesting to see the outcome of that investigation compared to our Summer’s.”
The electrical fitter said his daughter had now recovered from her ordeal and had returned to dancing classes and was asking to join a local swimming team.
“It would be easy to say she’s been unlucky but we see it the other way,” he said.
“She’s got over her cancer and then this happened and she got over that.
“She’s been very lucky.”