Unpleasant surprise for chocolate fan

This is the chocolate bar that a Kirkcaldy teenager was told was safe to eat '“ but would you?

Thursday, 18th May 2017, 2:09 pm
Updated Sunday, 4th June 2017, 9:32 pm
Cadbury's says the bar is safe to eat. Picture: Fife Photo Agency

The choc was bought in a multi-pack from a bargain store, but when the lad unwrapped it he discovered it was discoloured and strangely shaped.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A call to Cadburys explained: “Too much heat can cause the fat and cocoa butter naturally present in the chocolate to rise to the surface and when the chocolate cools, they re-crystallise to leave a white mottled layer.”