AS IT HAPPENED: Raith Rovers 1, Greenock Morton 0

Raith played host to the Greenock side.

Saturday, 27th March 2021, 4:54 pm
A glimpse from the last meeting between Greenock Morton and Raith Rovers, which Raith won 1-0.

Our live blog brought you all the action as it happened.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Raith Rovers 1, Greenock Morton 0

Last updated: Saturday, 27 March, 2021, 16:10

Welcome to Stark’s Park in Kirkcaldy for the Ladbrokes Scottish Championship game between Raith Rovers and Greenock Morton.

A glimpse from the last meeting between Greenock Morton and Raith Rovers at Cappielow, which Rath won 1-0.

Here are the team line-ups for this afternoon.

Greenock Morton kick off, attacking the Penman Stand end.

There was danger for Raith in the fourth minute when Gary Oliver swung a cross from the left into a busy box and Darren Hynes fired narrowly wide on the half volley.

Dylan Tait, Kieran MacDonald and Gozie Ugwu between them aimed to get some searching balls into the Morton box but a couple of crosses were too deep for ayone to reach.

Raith’s Reghan Tumilty managed to get an angular low shot on the ground during a Raith attack but it did nothing to trouble Ton ‘keeper Aidan McAdams.

Adam King of Raith Rovers was booked after 21 minutes by referee John Beaton for a scything challenge on Lewis Strapp.

Gozie Ugwu of Rovers rose to meet MacDonald’s cross from the left on 23 minutes, after fine work on the opposite flank by Manny Duku and Reghan Tumilty, but his header was high over the bar.

Still virtually nothing to choose between the teams just past the midway point of the first half. Rovers are looking slightly more enterprising but both sides are moving the ball around reasonably well when they get it.

Stephen McGinn served notice for Gus MacPherson’s side after 32 minutes as Morton sought an opening, with a right-foot shot from the edge of the box which was not too far wide.

Rovers were lucky that Morton could not make the best of a move when King gave the ball away to McGinn but the move, also involving Reece Lyon and Sean McGinty, soon fizzled out.

45: Blank at half time

Scoreless at Stark’s Park between Raith Rovers and Greenock Morton. A fair quotient of action but not much in the way of clear-cut chances. The hosts have created more going forward but the Cappielow side have gone closest to the target. Let’s hope for some goals in the second half.

Back into the action with the second half at Stark’s Park.

Manny Duku for Raith Rovers

Regan Hendry shot narrowly past McAdams’ right hand post after a quick one-two with King in what was probably Raith’s closest attempt so far.

Page 1 of 2