Changes to the team but same end result for Fife

Teri Skivington opened the scoring, and the floodgates, for East Fife.
Teri Skivington opened the scoring, and the floodgates, for East Fife.

East Fife................................9

Dundee City..........................0

East Fife made a few changes to last week’s victorious side away to Dee Vale.

Player manager Elizabeth Anderson was on international duty away in Albania, so in stepped Sam Pattison to renew her partnership with Kirsty Graham in the centre of the defence.

Johanna Clark returned to centre midfield and Stacey Penman started at right back.

It wasn’t until the 18minute that the breakthrough was made.

The ball broke to Skivington some 30 yards from goal and she let fly leaving the City goalie with no chance of stopping her shot.

Fife were now well on top and it seemed only a matter of time before they increased their lead.

A Wheatley corner was met by McAllister who stepped away from her marker and hit a glancing header into the net.

Within two minutes the game was virtually over as a contest when Clark sent delicate ball into the path of Skivington who rushed in on goal and unselfishly passed to Wheatley who netted.

East Fife added a fourth just before half time when another great corner from Wheatley was met by Pattison who thundered the ball into the net.

The Fifers started the second half in the same vein as they had finished the first, on the attack.

The City team was now camped in their own half and within five minutes of the restart Fife scored goal number five.

A good passing move finally ended with a through ball to Nicholson who fired across goal to the awaiting Guppy who drove in yet another for the Fifers.

The next six minutes would see East Fife score four more goals in quick succession.

The sixth when a quick one two sent McAllister through on goal drawing the keeper out then slipping the ball to Skivington who made no mistake at the far post.

Guppy scored two goals in the same amount of minutes, the first was almost a carbon copy of her first with Nicholson again leaving her with the simple task of scoring.

Her hat trick was completed when a another quick one two sent her through on goal and she calmly rounded the keeper before hammering the ball into the net.

Fife made their final two substitutions at this point.

Erin Harrison replacing Guppy and Corke replacing Dickson.

Corke made an immediate impact when a delightful chip sent Nicholson down the flank and a she sent the ball across to Skivington who drove home to complete her hat trick.

The remaining 30 minutes of the match was spent almost completely inside the City half of the park but despite several excellent passing moves by the Fifers there was no more scoring .