Kennoway 3-2 Tayport

Liam Craig on the wing for Kennoway.
Liam Craig on the wing for Kennoway.

KSH welcomed one of the big names of junior football when three time Scottish Junior Cup winners visited Treaton Park for the first time.

Both teams were hoping to close the gap on top of the table Sauchie who were playing a cup tie.

Tayport stunned the hosts when they opened the scoring in the 15th with their first real attack of the game.

The goal was one of quality with Reid slotting home after a fine lay off from his strike partner.

Wilson pulled Kennoway level when he collected a pass from Lee and showed good strength and pace to race past his marker and carefully guided his effort past Sorley.

Another eight minutes had passed and this time it was a set piece that was to provide the chance for the home team.

Wilson was crudely fouled twenty five yards from goal and this allowed M Gay the chance to show his expertise with the dead ball.

The attacker smashed in a howitzer of a free kick that struck the back stanchion of the goal and back out with some ferocity.

The home team were looking for a third goal and it arrived a few minutes before half time.

Lee picked the ball up deep in midfield, the midfielder threaded a pass to Craig who delivered a ball into the penalty area for Band to smash a volley high into the net.

Tayport scored a second goal with Reid finishing after a knock down by Mackie.

Wilson then saw a shot blocked by Sorley as KSH looked to try and regain a two goal advantage.

As the game approached the latter stages Tayport pushed extra bodies forward in their pursuit for an equaliser.

In the closing minutes Tayport had the ball in the net but the referee disallowed the goal for a handball offence.

Mackie took his protests to far and he was shown a red card much to the frustration to the Tayport management.

KSH - Paterson, Young, Doig, Brewster, Craig, Davidson, Lee, Band, Shaw, M.Gay, Wilson.

Subs - Gray, Mann, Sutherland.

Next fixture is away To Haddington on Saturday.