Kennoway Star Hearts 1-1 Arniston Rangers

It was top of the table versus fourth, a game that was crucial for either teams hopes of promotion.

Monday, 13th March 2017, 10:47 am
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 11:05 am

Kennoway were looking to build on last week`s win over Tayport as Arniston came to Treaton Park looking to close the gap.

The first real chance fell to the feet of McFadden,the Arnsiton striker saw his effort saved by Paterson as the tackles started to fly in all over the pitch.

KSH started to take control of the game and M.Gay was looking lively on the left hand side of attack. The forward crafted an opportunity out of nothing but saw his shot saved by the impressive Cornet in goal.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Kennoway took the lead in the twentieth minute when another strong run and shot from M.Gay saw it blocked, the ball was swept home from the edge of the eighteen yard box when his brother C.Gay calmly side footed past Cornet for a deserved lead.

KSH were on top and C Gay produced a surging run from the middle of the park to release Wilson, the striker drilled in a low left foot cross that was met instinctively by M Gay as he smashed in a shot again to be denied by the agility of Cornet.

The second half was to produce a similar start as the home side had chances to enhance their lead.

Wilson who has been on a remarkable scoring run looked on in horror as he saw his effort go wide from twenty yards.

The young striker showed electric pace to get into the position but as he raced through on goal his effort was pulled wide.

The strikeforce of Band and Wilson were looking dangerous and they combined for another chance on the hour.

Wilson broke through and saw Band unmarked, a perfectly weighted pass allowed Band to shoot from fifteen yards but Cornet dived to save.

A major let off for Arniston and as the game entered the closing stages they had a succession of corner kicks. A corner from the right hand side was not dealt with by the KSH defence as the ball landed to the unmarked Callaghan who equalised.