YM’s road trip troubles continue

Action from Cambuslang and Dundonald.
Action from Cambuslang and Dundonald.

Kirkcaldy YM just cannot win on the road this season as once again they lost heavily away to Oakley United at Blairwood Park, going down 6-2.

It is the first half performances in recent games that have led to defeats at the hands of opponents, and once again this was the case.

Oakley were the much stronger outfit and YM contributed to their downfall with some bad passing that led to errors and goals.

YM were three down at the interval through an early double from home striker Charlie Scarborough and a single from Charles Docherty and Lee Dair.

YM scored when Gregg Meikle diverted a Ryan McNeil shot into the net.

It was an improved performance by the YM in the second period and from a corner kick Jamie Gilfillan headed home to reduce the leeway.

In the closing ten minutes Oakley scored again through Scarborough from the penalty spot to complete his hat trick and Alan McDonough to seal a well deserved victory for the homeside.

On Saturday YM are on the road again as they travel to Montrose Roselea.

Dundonald Blubell made it through to the last 16 of the Scottish Cup with a 3-0 win at Cambuslang Rangers.

Dundonald got the break through when a ball into the box fell to Lally who hooked it into the net.

The visitors doubled their lead, soon after, when after some great one touch football Morrison squared the ball to Lally who slotted the ball into the net.

Dundonald got the all important third goal when the ball was played up to McQuade who picked out Carr with a great pass.

Carr looked to have taken a heavy touch but the ball fell kindly which allowed him to score.

On Saturday Bluebell travel to Haddington.

Thornton Hibs went down 4-2 at Livingston United in the Fife and Lothians Cup.

Livvy took the lead after just two minutes when one of the smallest men on the park, Craig Russell, rose to head home a deep cross.

In the 28th minute there was another goal but it came at the wrong end as far as the Hibs were concerned.

Robert Burns sent in a free-kick that Daniel Forbes headed beyond Rowbotham.

Just before half-time, Thornton finally found the net when Adam Drummond scored from the penalty spot.

Livingston regained their two-goal advantage on the hour mark after Rowbotham had saved well from David Murphy and the ball fell kindly for Jaconelli who slammed it home.

Hibs pulled one back when Drummond claimed his second goal of the game.

Deep into stoppage time, Richard Kay sealed victory for Livvy.

On Saturday Hibs will travel to Luncarty.

Burntisland’s game with Hawick Royal Albert was called off.

At the weekend they’ll welcome Coldstream in the King Cup.