Three and breezy for Kennoway

Kennoway Star Hearts
Kennoway Star Hearts

Forfar West End were the visitors to Treaton Park for this McBookie North League fixture.

With only six minutes gone KSH took the lead, a McAllister free kick was knocked back across goal and George Field was on hand to fire home.

Forfar had a large amount of possession, with KSH sitting in and countering into the breezy conditions.

In the 20th minute Curran made a great block from a one-on-one situation before another superb save from a 25 yard strike kept the home side in front.

Alan McAllister then had a chance to double the lead but his header went high and over the bar. A guilt-edge chance for West End went a begging when their centre shot high and wide from 12 yards after good work down the right.

KSH went two up after 40 minutes. Great interplay on the edge of the 18 yard box saw Byers cross to McAllister, who headed home.

West End had another chance just before half-time to get a goal back but again the effort went high and wide. That was the last effort of a very entertaining first 45 with KSH leading at the interval 2-0.

Shooting down the slope after the restart KSH were first to show with George Field coming close with a strike from 22 yards out. The same player had a great chance to score after a West End players misplaced pass went through to him just inside the box but the keeper made a great save to deny him.

A Byers effort then went a couple of feet wide as the homeside applied pressure on the West End defence and were enjoying more possession than in the first half.

KSH went three up near the hour mark of the game. Some great one touch football between Byers and Lornie saw the latter cut the ball back to Thomson who side footed into the net for a well worked goal.

With 66 minutes gone West End were reduced to ten men. A through ball was deemed to be deliberately handled by the defender and he was given his marching orders.

Curran was called upon again after good play saw the Forfar centre through on goal but the KSH ‘keeper made a superb block and the ball was cleared.

But a minute later West End were awarded a penalty after substitute Davidson was adjudged to have pulled a player down in the box. The resultant penalty was duly despatched to make it 3-1 to KSH with just under 20 minutes to go.

KSH tried to run the clock down and with the man advantage kept a hold of the ball. Efforts from Boylan and McAllister came close to increasing the home sides advantage.

With only a couple of minutes left a long ball saw Liam Craig give chase and just nipping in front of the defender he was cruelly brought down. The referee had no hesitation in brandishing a second red card to the visitors.

With virtually the last attack of the game Davidson nearly made it four but his side footed effort dragged inches wide of the post.

KSH: Curran, Craig, Hush, Bremner, I.Brown, Lornie, Byers, McAllister, Boylan, Field, Thomson. Subs: Robertson, Little, Davidson, MacDonald, Leitch.