Fife child rapist jailed after sickening attacks

Alan Roy was jailed at the High Court in EdinburghAlan Roy was jailed at the High Court in Edinburgh
Alan Roy was jailed at the High Court in Edinburgh

This article contains affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items purchased through this article, but that does not affect our editorial judgement.

A child rapist who left an underage girl feeling she wanted to wash in bleach during repeated assaults on her and tried to rape a second victim was jailed today.

Alan Roy (62) raped one girl from the age of 13 on various occasions at addresses in Kirkcaldy and at a Fife caravan park between 1996 and 2000.

He also carried out two rape bids on a second victim at the North Lodge Holiday Park, at Dysart when she was aged between 11 and 13 between 1996 and 1999.

You may also be interested in:

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

Roy, of Dick Crescent, Burntisland, had denied committing the offences during a trial at the High Court in Edinburgh but was found guilty of rape and attempted rape.

A judge told Roy, who has never served a prison sentence previously, that he had been convicted of “serious offences” and remanded him in custody ahead of sentencing next month.

Lord Tyre told jurors that it had been “a serious and in some ways rather distressing case”.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

One victim, now aged 35, told the court that she was first raped by Roy at a house in Kirkcaldy when she was 13 or 14 years old.

The woman said she awoke to find him on top of her. She said: “I tried to move. He was too strong for me and I froze.”

“I tried to push him off me but he was too strong. I couldn’t move him, “ she told advocate depute Duncan McPhie.

The woman told the court that she could not even scream as she froze during the attack on her as a child. She said: “I couldn’t even speak.”

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

She said she eventually managed to get up from the bed and pulled up her clothing and went to a bathroom to wash herself.

She said that after the ordeal she felt “dirty, horrible and just wanted to wash in bleach”.

The rape victim said that after the attack she tried to tell somebody “but people wouldn’t listen to me”.

She said Roy was living at a caravan site at Standing Stane Road, and a couple of weeks after the first attack took her there and raped her again.

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

“He chucked me on the bed. He took my trousers off. I told him ‘no’ but he just wouldn’t listen,” she told the court.

The prosecutor asked her if she wanted this to happen and she replied: “No, I didn’t. I was a wee girl.”

“I told him ‘no’. I told him to leave me alone. I tried to pull my trousers up but he wouldn’t let me,” she said. She said that after the assault Roy told her not to tell anyone.

The woman said that when she was 15 Roy raped her again at another house in Kirkcaldy. She told the court: “He was too strong for me.”

Hide Ad
Hide Ad

She said: “I tried to tell someone but no one would listen to me.”

Roy was placed on the sex offenders’ register.

Get in touch and tell us your story

Twitter: @FFP