Randolph Street: Police investigation underway after man dies in fire at Fife property
A police investigation has been launched after a man died following a fire at a property in Fife.
Emergency services were called to Randolph Street in Buckhaven at around 7.40am on Friday (April 2).
According to the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS), the fire started after a grill pan was left unattended.
Two fire appliances tackled the blaze and left the scene around two hours later.
A SFRS spokesperson said: “The fire was caused by an unattended grill pan. It resulted in one male fatality.
“No information is available on the man's age.”
Police have since launched an investigation into the fire and enquiries are ongoing.
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Around 7.40am on Friday, 2 April, we were made aware of a fire at a property in Randolph Street, Buckhaven.
“Emergency services attended and the body of a man was found inside.
“Enquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.”